GRANT & PROPOSAL WRITING INTERN for Fundraising & Development
The International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation in NYC, a vibrant and rapidly growing international NGO, is seeking an accomplished, energetic Grant & Proposal Writing Intern with Fundraising & Development experience. We are especially interested in applicants whose studies are/were related to international relations, peace studies, and international conflict mitigation and mediation.
Internships are 15-20 per week for a minimum of three months. The majority of the work can be performed off-site by telecommuting.
The Candidate will possess:
- Fundraising & grant writing experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience responding to RFPs – requests for proposals
Maturity, flexibility, initiative, perseverance
- Creative and positive energy, dedication to making a difference
- A good sense of humor
- A resourceful and proactive nature
- A native-level proficiency in English (speaking and writing)
- The ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience producing online content
- A passion for Grant & Proposal Writing and its potential to serve Fundraising & Development efforts to advance peace-building
- The ability to thrive as part of a team, as well as the ability to work and think independently
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
- Develop Fundraising & Development strategy in alignment with ICERM Mission
- Research Grants & Proposals relevant to the ICERM Mission; compile accurate profiles of prospective funders.
- Discover and respond to relevant RFPs & write grant proposals to targeted donor prospects to fund ICERM’s Mission and projects, and gifts in the form of contributions-in-kind; such as: donations of meeting space for conferences & symposia, office space, furniture, equipment, office supplies, etc.
- Develop donor prospects & maintain donor relations, including writing follow-ups and thank you letters; maintaining records of ICERM donors and contact’s communications.
- Expand and improve the philanthropic organizations, foundations, individual donors, and corporate donor prospect base.
- Develop and maintain Fundraising & Development database listing donor contacts and tracking Grants & Proposals keeping it accurate and up-to-date.
- Develop & pitch fundraising event ideas.
- Research opportunities for ICERM to participate/speak at conferences or events related to conflict mediation.
- Research potential guest speakers, interviewees, honorees from among our donors who exemplify ICERM mission for mention on our web site, inclusion in our Journal, or to be guests on our radio show, etc. Assist with drafting save-the-dates and invitations, keeping track of guest lists
- Contribute to ICERM blog content weekly to be posted on the ICERM website and shared through relevant social networks; contribute content to ICERM e-newsletters
- Work alongside marketing, social media, and events planning staff & interns to support the development strategy.
- Reply to online queries and general correspondence related to Fundraising, Grants & Proposals
- Help to develop creative ideas & online content for membership drives, up-coming events, development campaigns and special projects.
- Help fulfill requests for information, undertake special projects and assignments as needed
Some of our Special Projects include:
The Journal of Living Together
The Living Together Movement
The ICERM radio show including book reviews, music, expert panels, and related lectures, etc.
Membership and fundraising campaigns, including radio sponsorship
Annual International Conference on Ethnic And Religious Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding
Certificate Training Programs
Conflict Monitoring Networks
An ICERM Certificate of Participation and Appreciation for your professional portfolio
Your inclusion on our website as an outstanding intern
A written professional reference
An invitation to be involved with future ICERM events
ICERM interns are given the chance to grow and develop professionally through their experience and exposure to real international issues on the front lines and an international team of experts who continue to serve all over the globe. Dedicated interns will hone their professional research, reporting, and writing techniques while developing the international contacts that will ensure their professional futures.
Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated interest in international issues, peace building, and the needs of vulnerable or marginalized populations & be able to provide excellent references.
Submit your resume along with a cover letter expressing why you see yourself as a top candidate for this internship, including a list of proposals and grants that you have written and other examples of your successes in Fundraising & Development in the not-for-profit sector to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the words “Fundraising & Development Internship” in the subject line.
Front list of candidates will be contacted.